C Section pouch?

Does anyone have the "pouch" left by a c-section? The thing that hangs there regardless of exercise and sit ups? What do you do to get rid of it?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 10:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yep, sure do. Mine's small, but it's there alright. :)

I have yet to find any wayto get rid of it!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I had two C Sections. I'm 45. I have been in a size 3/4 pair of pants afterwards and can't get rid of the pouch. I'm now in a size 8. Age and menopause equals no metabolism. Anyhow I was told by a plastic surgeon the only way to get rid of the pouch is to have the excess skin removed. You can do sit ups til the cows come home and that skin will always be there.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 10:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes, I do. I suspect it will only get worse as I lose weight. Since there isn't really anything you can do to tighten up loose skin, I may consider having at least a partial tummy tuck.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes! Oh my, I HATE it too. One day I'll save up enough money and get a tummy tuck. I don't know if there is anything that can be done outside of surgery.....

I am right there with you, Mama. Three c-sections for me. I sooooo feel your pain.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I feel your pain as well. If you find a way, please share! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I'm the same way, I had two of them and I was thinking of getting a mommy make over, just the (tummy tuck part of it:) People say walk and work out, I've done all of that and nothing will get rid of it , not to mention when my husband thinks its cute to just grab it, I'm like are you serious?????I will keep trying before actually doing the surgery, but man it sounds great, wish I had a c-section eraser....Good luck dear!
    MothersJoy

Answer by MothersJoy at 1:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011