Have you ever had a tummy tuck?

How expensive was it? Were you glad you had it done?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 10:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I haven't had one myself--though I'd love to- but was with my mother when she had hers. Her recovery was about a week and she stayed pretty doped up on pain meds. She had two drainage bulbs that needed monitored everyday and came out after a week. She healed up perfectly and is very happy with her results. She has a perfectly flat tummy now. Her scar is bigger than her c-section scar but I'd trade a scar for flab any day of the week. I bet if you'd ask her, she'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'd be happy with the results if I were the one who'd had it done.

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I havent but I definitely plan on it if needed after I lose about 30lbs
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• no cosmetic surgeries for me
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 7:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have seriously considered going for a consult. I am so self conscious after my 2 pregnancies. I just worry about being put to sleep and if something were to go wrong....My dh is all for me doing it, to help me feel better about myself. So maybe one day!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 8:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No I will be having a body lift 6 mos after my bypass surgery
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Nope.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i've done a ton of research on it...personally i want a "mini-tummy tuck", because the top half of my stomach is totally fine and even muscular, it's the bottum half that just has a little access skin and no matter how much i work out it will never be flat.

anyway the prices truly range, anywhere f/ like 3-8,000....and recovery ranges a little bit too. i think it's an out patient surgery though (at least a mini is), so you're home by the end of the day and need to just follow all recovery procedures. there are risks like everything else, but i guess it depends.

i'm hoping to have a second child, and after that i'm saving every dime for a tummy tuck, that's the ONLY plastic surgery i'd do :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011