Hubby left for 5 days

I have never spent the night alone in the house. Kinda freaking out. They boys are gone now so all alone its really weird.

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh no! I hate being alone, but when it happens I try to take advantage by getting in a nice bubble bath and pampering myself in peace and quiet. :) Try to enjoy!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I used to keep the tv on till I couldn't stay awake any more. I also make sure the house is locked up tight. It'll be ok. Sometimes I get like that when my dh goes to work at 5 am and it's still dark out. I either go back to sleep or stay up and watch a movie.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I read until I can't stay awake anymore. A friend of mind sleeps on the sofa when her husband goes out of town. I also keep my cell phone on and by my side. And I have a can of hornet spray (sprays a distance) by the bed. I sleep pretty well.

Answer by Bmat at 10:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I would be in heaven. 5 days of QUIET? LOL. Try and get some rest.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I always keep lights on. Try to enjoy it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• try to enjoy the time. I know it can be strange but it's your time, think about for yourself!!
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• My hubby goes to Orlando on business all the time..he left this morning actually...I like to enjoy the peace and quiet honestly :) AFter my daughter falls asleep, I force myself to stay awake so I can watch whatever I want on TV and drink some hot cocoa :) enjoy it!!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• With my husband going on so many deployments and TDYs, I have a hard time sleeping when he's beside me!

Five days isn't very long. Just think, it'll be over before you know it! *Hugs* and try to enjoy yourself and not miss him too much ;)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Watch some good movies. Comedys. Keep the tv on. Eat what you want. Take a nice bath. Or just veg in front of the tv til you fall asleep.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I will be sleeping on the couch with the lights and tv on. I am such a wimp.
    voni681

Comment by voni681 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011