What are some good ways to break the news to your parents that your prego?

I'm 17 and I think I might be pregnant. I've taken 2 HPT and they both came out neg. but I have a lot of symptoms and everyoe I've asked has told me that I really might be... If I am I have no idea how I'm going to break the news to my mom I know it'll break her heart so what are some good ways to break the news?

I had my last real period on April 21, so I am over 2 months late for my period. Although last month I had a very very light almost like spotting that was on and off for 3 days, and I had it like for a couple hours Sunday it went away and came back for a couple hours on Thursday. It's really starting to worry me. I have never missed before and my cycle is usually pretty regular. I have taken 2 hpt and they came back negative. I don't have all the symptoms of pregnancy but I do have things like afternoon nausea, tender breast, large bumps on the areola part of my breast, weird tightness in stomach ( just here recently), frequent headaches, and tiredness. I really don't know what to think. I just wanted to know what everyone else thinks it could be. Thanks alot!

daddysgirl199

Asked by daddysgirl199 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well at the age of 17 there is no "good way" to break that kind of news to your parents.
    How late is your period? What kind of symptoms are you having?
    Whoda

Answer by Whoda at 10:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Find out first, via blood test, if you are pregnant. Then just tell them. I don't see a good way but if you're excited about it and can embrace it and be responsible, it'll help the parents.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• id deff make sure you r b4 you tell ur parents...i was 16when i became preggers and had my dd when i turned 17..so i understand what u are goin threw..id go to ur doc and ask them to do a test or go to a plan parenthood or crises pergnancy center..thier test are 100% accurate..and if you are plan on what you want to do..adoption ,keeping the baby ext..the best thing is just to sit them down when you find out and say mom dad im preganut and heres what i want to do...also it could just a sever infection thats happend to my friend once but go to a doc or some kind of health care provider who can get a better test performed...good luck sweetie!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I told my mom through text message she was fine..i just took the pic of the positive test and sent it to her..We r really close tho so she was fine with it. We have always been a very open family. I would find out for sure b4 you say anything tho sit down and tell her exactly what you wanna do have a plan ready.keep it adoption..whatever maybe if she thinks you have thought it thru she will be ok with it....GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Go to a clinic or doctor and get a positive blood pregnancy test before saying ONE word to your parents about this. If you are NOT pregnant, talk to your Mom about the pregnancy scare and get on some reliable birth control. If you ARE pregnant, the best way is to sit them down and just come out with it. There is no easy way to do it.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• make sure you are definitely pregnant before telling them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Good luck
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011