Do you share a common wall with your nieghbor

I live in a twin home and my common wall neigbor is moving and I don't want to loose her because she is quiet and so are we. well today I went over to say goodbye since she will be gone by morning. she had this friend helping her and me and the friend start up a convo and I told her I was afraid of who the new neighbor might be. she is like "yeah nothing worse then neighbors banging on your door turning your shit down"
I told her "no I'm afraid of getting the person with the bass and subwoofers because I will be there at all hours knocking on the door" after that she didn't like talking to me....hahaa oh well.

I'm just afraid to get party people with wild kids next door...I have lost tolerance in my old age (41, lol )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• OMG i lived in a duplex for over a yr and had the WORST neighbor.. everything she had in her house would come through our vents and on the wkds she stayed drugged up and played loud metal music (im 19 and hate loud music all night long as well lol) she also had 5 cats tht NEVER went outside and she brought her lawnmower inside after cuttin grass so all we could smell was freakn gas for days : / it was terrible and when we would have convos in our living room and would go outside she'd like repeat few things tht we said to ppl around her and alll tht crap so we could hear her.. COMPLETE weirdo! and she also called the cops on my husband for target practicing bc she said we were tryin to shoot her daughter through the woods across town... so yeah..
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• oppps....meant neighbor
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I've lived in duplexes and dh and I have been very lucky with having wonderful neighbors both times. They even had kids and you could never tell with how mannered they were. We even bbq'd together with all our friends together
    dsadang

Answer by dsadang at 11:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• yes and i hate it for reasons you say , im so tired of it
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Not a wall, but we share a ceiling/floor lol, We live in a 2 storey house thats been divided into 2 apartments. We are on bottom so when the kids upstairs are playing... they sound like damn elephants or something.
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 5:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In the place I lived previously, which is in the same complex, but was a single level apartment, our neighbors' kitchen bordered our bedroom. They were so rude and loud, would stay up all night slamming cabinets really hard, slamming the back door, which was right next to our bedroom, and throwing parties all the time. Now, we live in a town house with only 1 shared wall, and it's in the living room. Our neighbors are pretty quiet, but they do play base guitar sometimes, but never when we're trying to sleep. We got pretty lucky with these neighbors, I think. If they were loud, I wouldn't hesitate to go over and knock on the door to tell them to turn it down. And yes, I'm one of those people that if you don't turn it down the first time, I *will* be calling the cops on your butt. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Been there when I was younger. I now live out in the country. Although my neighbors aren't too close, I can't see any of their houses from here. Unless you count the mobile home that I have in my yard that I will be renting out, but then I actually get to pick my neighbors. I would never want to be that close to neighbors again.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No, thank god ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011