Am i wrong to stop taking my meds?

I have epilepsy but haven't had a seizure for the last 4 years. I keep asking my doctor to do test to see if i have gotten better but he refuses. I feel like he just using my illness so he won't loss me as a patient. Well long story short i started weaning my self off the meds and i feel great. I'm i wrong for doing this?

spidermonkey090

Asked by spidermonkey090 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Health

• It's possible you aren't having seizures bc the meds are working. Is there a reason you want to stop taking them?
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I really think you should make an appointment to see your dr. I had a neighbor that decided to do the same thing. She ended up having a seizure at home by herself and hitting her head really bad. She ended up blacking out and had food on the stove. I happened to be out with my kids and noticed smoke. You really can't play with things like this.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Yes you are wrong to do this. Never take yourself off such important medicine without a doctors supervision. Seizures can be very serious and if you are driving can kill you, whoever is in the car, and maybe someone you hit. Please consult your doctor. Seizures are unpredictable and because you haven't had one while taking meds does not mean you are cured.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• OMG you first of all should find another Dr and take your medication as prescribed until the professionals take you off of them. A seizure can sneak up on you and kill you or really do damage to your body and then what good would of been to wean yourself off of them? Go find a new Dr ask for another professional opinion since there are a lot of Dr's out there. They will look over your past history and run more tests and then give you their PROFESSIONAL opinion.
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 6:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think you should take your meds. Seizures are nothing to play around with.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• thanks i'll pick them up tomorrow
    spidermonkey090

Comment by spidermonkey090 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011