How do I stop my 10 month old from eating everything???

If she can touch it, it goes in the mouth. I have put dangerous things up, of course, but she still has access to a lot of things that should not be in her mouth (dirt, sand, grass, shoes...just to name a few). I sternly say "no" and give her something that she can safely put in her mouth but it doesn't work. It is a nonstop process and I am very consistant, as are other people in her life. Any advice would be wonderful! I can't clean up the outdoors, afterall!

bugfin

Asked by bugfin at 11:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is a phase that all 3 of my boys went through. Eventually, they figured out that most things that they put into their mouth doesn't taste good.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It's completely a part of that age. They're going to do it, and it actually helps them learn. Just keep everything unsafe out of reach. There's not much else you can do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Normal!! Can't fix it, just wait it out.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 1:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Its just a phase mama, everyone goes thru it.. :)
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 1:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was afraid of that! How much dirt and sand is considered safe? I don't want to keep in in a swing or inside all summer! Ack!
    bugfin

Comment by bugfin (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2011