Something about this doesnt feel right...am i being parnoid?

my dh came home last night at 1 am from work(this is his usual weekend off he went in for overtime) he grabbed his lap top, and packed some clothes and said he had to go to another town an hour away for work.( he works at a state institution that takes care of dev. disabled) he said that the guy at the hospital had a tooth ache and went home so he had go up and take watch( one of the clients was to have knee surgry and because he is violent needs a direct care staff has to be with him to help the nurses and other staff at the public hospital) he told me the guy had surgry yesterday..never heard of surgry on saterdays unless it was life or death, at least at this hospital. and why would staff want to leave 2 hrs into the shift for a tooth ache? dh normally gets off at 645 am, they run 8 hrs shifts out there and even when a client is off campus and needs supervision they care the same hours, i used to work out there and have friends tht currently work out there, nothing is changed. he didnt come home today until 11:30 am, when he told me when he left at 1 am that he will be home around 9ish since he had to do paper work at his job. normally when he comes home from work he is tired and bitchy, he seemed wide awake and happy like he got sleep. he told me he had to go back up at 7 today and he didnt wake up till 7 then he said oh its no big deal. normally when he goes on "outings/over nights" with the clients he gets mad cause its then one staff to one client and the client acts out more when away from campus to see how far that can push the limits. and this particular guy dh HATES, why be excited about spending 16 hrs with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Sure does sound fishy. In the past, I always found that my suspicions were right on......whatever you do in the dark...always comes to light. If he is doing something, you'll know before too long.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• There is something weird. Maybe you can say something like how nice it will be to get an overtime chck and see his expression? I would follow him too.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• no not paranoid , sounds like something aint right , in my expierence when a male is happy and unbothered as you say when you know if it was the truth he would be pissed and cranky etc.. whatever , -- he did something else and most likely a female was involved , i would bank on it .
    Anonymous

• I say act like you don't care and say your going out on the town, if he doesn't care that your going out then somethings going on, if he is asking you questions like who you going with? When will you be back? where are you going? then I would still keep my eye on him
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Sounds very suspect. Is there any way you can check out his story without letting him know that you mistrust him?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Go with your gut... if it doesn't feel right it usually isn't!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• you said you have friends who still work there...any of them working on that day?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Honestly, I would start snooping whenever possible after something like that. Phone, laptop, call-in to work asking for the number to reach him while he is out (say it's an emergency and he isn't answering the cell), following him, casually bringing up this night to a co-worker who would know, etc.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think you may be being paranoid. Your husbands reasons sound quite convincing and detailed to me. Maybe he's happy to be able to make a few extra bucks.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i asked him about OT and he said he would have 12 hrs of OT this next check but that only covers the few days he already went in. i never see his check stubs cause he doesnt get a paper one, he has to log onto the company website which he does on his lap top. i guess ill find out when the check comes in, if he is bitching about not having enough to cover bills then i know he didnt go into work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2011