My community is having a pageant

sorry for the mistke in the title. ...every year my community where i live has a pageant. it just says the kids should come as they are no special outfits or make up or anything. i want my dd to enter but if others are going to dress up i would feel uncomfortable to just have her go in everyday clothes. but if everyone is in everyday clothes i would feel silly to dress her up.

i was thinking about this little party dress that is like in the middle. its not something she wears every day but its nothing overly fancy either.

please no bashing. its not toddlers and tiaras

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• If it's an annual thing, they probably have a website. Look for that and see if there are pictures from previous years. That should tell you how dressy they get in practice, and you can decide based on what's there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would do what the "rules" state. I would think, if they tell the kids to come in regular clothes and they came in full on glitz stuff they would look a bit off. But, I would think a little party dress would be cute.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• no there is no website. it just posted in the community paper. i don;t want glitz but you know people don;t always do what is posted. so i am still debating if i am going to even put her in.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2011