Fundraising....

I was wondering if this something that is possible or is it not something that is advisiable. I in school fulltime and i have to take two sets of boards to be registered in my line of work...one of the tests is in december and the cost for the tests is $200 so to compensate for the cost i would like to do a fundraiser for myself to offset the cost. I was also thinking to donate everything else to chartiy or something. work something in there like this. the second test is not until after i graduate so i have until next year for that but i was just wondering if that something i should consider. or i was also thinking to bring it up to my classmates and this way we can fundraise and maybe enough to offset the cost for all of us. its only 9 of us.

what you all think?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in

• I see your point trying to off set the cost but would this be ethical in your chosen career? Would your school/university be upset if they found out?
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 5:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Having a fundraiser for personal gain is unethical and wrong it's not like you have cancer or have been injured in an accident and can't work your furthering your education for a career that is going to make you money in the long run. $200 is not that much money. If I were you I would find someone that needs tutoring that you go to school with and charge them and raise the money that way. I know that anyone can save up $200 in a short time. As limited as your schedule may be you need to find a way to earn or borrow the money to pay for the tests. Think about it this way.. If someone you knew were trying to raise money for themselves to pay for something to get them ahead in their life would you give them the money? Or would you give the money to the Make a Wish foundation for sick and dying children?
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 6:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• well, i do work very hard but i was just trying to figure it out. and yes $200 is alot of money to take a test. sorry not everyone has that kind of money to take a test. not everyone is priveledged. they do it for the club and that is why i said maybe do half for a charity and half for the test. and yes i would help out someone that needs the money. sorry i am not as selfish as some.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2011