My 3 yrs old son is not eating at all?

My 3 yr old son is not eating he could be the whole day without eating, i make him everything and he does not eat, I took him to his PEDIATRICIAN and he says is normal but I really don't think is normal for 3 yr old not to eat at all. Nothing just 2 bottles of milk . so worry dont what to do

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take him to a different doctor. It's normal for kids' eating habits to fluctuate, but to not eat all if NOT healthy. There may be a reason for his lack of appetite or hunger. I hope you find some answers. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It happens especially in this heat. They get thirsty. He's getting calcium in the milk. I had a nutritionist tell me to give the non-eating toddlers in my family ice cream. They loved that! The child will be fine. Don't force food.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Milk is food, so two bottles of milk counts as something. Only water has no food value. And yes kids' appetites will fluctuate a lot, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. My eldest boy lived on nothing but milk for about two years from the age of 5 to 7 years. He's fine. He's 20 now, and studying compters at Uni.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Milk not only has calcium, it has fats and sugar and lots of calories. He won't starve, if he has milk. If you're worried, give him a mulitvitamin to take care of any nutritional deficiencies.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2011