What has your family had to say about how many kids you have?

Mine ALL thought we were nuts when I got pregnant with number 3. My parents were both upset and thought we were just over-reaching, I haven't even delivered yet and now my mom's ALREADY talking about our NEXT one. I think she's lost it lol.

I know everyone likes to give us their opinion on how to run our lives, what kind of criticism have you had to put up with?

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 8:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I've never gotten any crap from my family or hubby's about how many kids we have. Mom said she got enough from her mom and MIL that she didn't want to give us any. I can appreciate that.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my mom was ticked about the only one i have
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my mom wanted me to have 3, my dad is happy with the one i have and the one on the way... and my hubby wants 5...lol
    Anonymous

• We have 2 boys. They are teens now and we have talked a little about adopting a girl. My mom "thinks" it would be great if we adopted. In truth we probably never would. We are enjoying our free time way too much right now. Our oldest left for the Air Force (we miss him so much) in September and our youngest is 16yrs old. Time goes by too fast. Sometimes I do wish we had one more but then that thought passes really quick! LOL
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I got a lot of crap when I got preggers with my last one (5 months old). I just told them all that I have never once asked anyone at all to raise my kids. I have always did that and I am still and with the good Lords help I will continue till they are grown and moved out of my house. I might need to add that I have 4.
    nicky5053

Answer by nicky5053 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with having lots of kids, as long as you can afford them.

We only have 1 child. My parents are actually asking for a second grandchild. But we dont want another child. So its my SIL's turn now to get the 2nd grandchild ;)

I know a family. They are popping kid after kid. Cant afford it and i heard someone saying the same thing your mom is thinking. "wonder when the next one is coming".. but they are talking mean about this family, because they cant afford the kids and living off teh govt.

So if thats not the case in your family, then tell your family to mind their own business ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2008