My daughter is 21mths old, should I try and start to potty train her?

mommy_nee

Asked by mommy_nee at 8:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes. Whenever YOU are ready for it.its a lot of work and effort. but its worth it at the end
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes, i think u should .. but it take's time!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You should only start potty training when SHE is ready, not YOU. Make sure she is showing signs of interest and her bladder is mature enough to hold it for at least 2 hours. Also, don't push it because you'll only make things harder for yourself.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• This is not based on age. It is based on how ready both you and she are.
    If she is not ready to fully learn the process, you can still start but you will have to do most of the work. Basically, a child will fully learn and take over the potty process when she is ready. Let's say your child will be ready at 27 months. You can wait until then and spend a month training her and be done. Or you can start now and be done when she is 28 months. Your choice. Both have good points (fewer diapers if you start now, less frustration if you start later) and both have bad points (rigid schedule that keeps you locked in the house now, longer time in diapers if you start later).
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My daughter was potty trained at 18 months. We put a potty in several rooms of the house and she just did it. Worked out great.
    mjimaging

Answer by mjimaging at 9:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• sure... my son 21 mo. is potty trained. it took about a month. when we started we put a little potty right in the living room. after a week we would bring the potty with us where ever we went (shopping). now he can use any potty but i still put the little potty in my car for an emergency.
    snuggs27

Answer by snuggs27 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2008