Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

What would YOU do? (need answers asap) kinda long...

Ok. here's the deal. My brother is 34 and about 12 yrs ago was messing around this married woman (she was tryin to make her husband mad bc he was cheating on her) and she ended up pregnant. So then she begins to regret it and tells my bro not to ever mention anything about them hookin up.. so he keeps his mouth shut bc he doesnt know who all she was messin around with and she told him the kid couldnt b his. so a couple yrs after the baby is born her and her husband divorce and she starts tellin my bro the little girl may be his and sends him pictures and letters and all this kinda crap.. as the girl gets older my brother is wondering more and more and now that i have a daughter of my own i think it kinda gets to him not knowin the facts about his own life. He has asked the woman (they're still friends and she still tells him that the child is his now 12) if he could get a secret DNA test done just so he can know. (the girls older sister is now into alot of BAD stuff and if this other girl belongs to him he wants her away from it bc the mom doesnt care what the get in to) I'm really worried about him bc this weighs on his mind constantly.. and what makes it tht much more worse is the little girl looks NOTHIN like her brother and sister (who look identical) but the womans husband is our WAY down the line kin and the little girl sorta looks like our great grandma :/ TOO MUCH crap for me to even wanna begin to deal with.. so my question IS: What would you do in the situation? & What kinda of lawyer would you have to hire to take this woman to court and make her get a DNA test done????? Thanks for your advice & time!! :)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • A family lawyer. Someone that deals with this kind of stuff. I mean, even if the little girl isn't least hes got it off his mind...I couldn't imagine

    Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • TY.. and thts what i told him but he doenst want it all over our small town so he's in a bad position..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • Sorry, not to be mean as I know he is your brother and you carfe about him, but besides that I don't understand why this is your problem. He got himself into this situation and yeah be there to support him but let him handle his affairs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • Im just tryin to figure out what kind of lawyer he needs.. i want to help him bc i just now found out about the whole situation and was around the kid everyday of my life for about 2 years straight.. so i'd like to know myself..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • The lady wont willingly do the test?? You can get a family court lawyer?

    Answer by HelovesMe87 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • I would do the DNA,who cares what people think,the child comes 1st. What if she follows in her sisters footsteps and all this time their is a possibility your brother could have protected her

    Answer by RobinChristine at 3:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • Get a DNA test promptly. It doesn't matter if he gets a "secret" one he will still be liable for support so he might as well get one through Child Support as that is the least expensive way to go.

    Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • The lady wont give him a DNA test.. she doesnt want anyone findin out thts why i said get one in secret then if the child is his go from there.. he wants to b the dad and wants the girl away from tht woman..

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • Have him call any family attorney.. They are all over the yellow pages. They can file a motion for the courts to demand a DNA sample done. Just know that if the child is his he could untimely have to go back and pay child support from birth. Is he prepared to take on the role of a father? Anyone can make a baby it takes a real man to be a father and a real woman to be a mother. Have him call attorneys and ask for a consult most are no charge and informative.

    Answer by dan4heather at 5:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.