Ever been hurt by a friend?

What's the worst thing your "friend" has ever done to you?

What about "internet friends"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• My best friend of 10 years came to my house and said she NEVER wanted to see or talk to me again, no explanation! Her son and mine are best friends. The boys are now 24. He, her son, said his mom cut off ties with everyone and started new friendships. How strange! Very hurtful to me considering we went thru so much together.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had a friend who talked trash about everyone so I was pretty sure she also talked trash about me, but it still hurt when I found out I was right. We had a pretty big fight and have pretty much just been more like aquaintences ever since. Another friend I lived with for a time, and we were very close for years, and I moved and wrote, or called almost every day before she was too "busy" I hadn't seen her in 2 years and when I finally got back to her town she only had time for a quick dinner once and I was there for 3 weeks.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had a friend that I had known for years are kids were very close, I went to school with her husband and her and her husband are the ones who set me and my husband up, well out of no where her and her husband decided to try and destroy my marriage by telling him I was cheating on him while I was on vacation with our children. and the sad thing is I bent over backwards for her while she was pregnant with her last child, and this was very recent. So yea I find it hard to trust most people these days. I hope your doing okay.
    MTButterfly04

Answer by MTButterfly04 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yep. I realized I no longer needed her in my life 2 weeks ago. She is drama, and not to sound tacky, but she is trash. Like Cassie said, if they do something, gossip, whatever about everyone else, best believe you are not the exception. What is funny is that her home town is 4 hrs away from here and she never goes home for Holidays or not even for Fathers/Mothers day,...I asked her when I first met her if she had friends..you know, ,from school. Nope. Red Flag.

After knowing her for 3 years I see why she has no female friends and why she has so many male "friends". She betrays her female pals and sleeps with all the men she calls friends.

babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my freind uses me for money and food and a car because she WONT get a job not b/c she cant.....shes done this before and i ended it but then 2 years later i thought she would have changed met up with her AGAIN then she yells at my kid and tries to use me again.....sooo shes not in my life anymore...
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I shared secrets with my best friend. We hid nothing from each other, including secrets others told us. Well I told my best friend about a mutual friend of ours that was pregnant and had an abortion. Over a year later, we got in an argument and she shared this information with the girl that had the abortion. Well that was the end of that friendship. I profusely apologized to the girl, and it took time to mend that friendship, but my best friend and I never made up. I was completely betrayed.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In high school I had big blowout with a friend I'd had for years. She told me I was trash, wouldn't amount to anything, was pathetic, fat, ugly. You name it she said it. I like kicking so much ass that it trickles down through our old group and she knows how awesome my life is considering she married her now husband while he was in jail.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• well i guess you could say this was a friend. my older sister had just moved home i was 6 months pregnant and it was around christmas when i found out that her and my bf (the father of my baby) were sleeping together
    mom_of_1_me

Answer by mom_of_1_me at 10:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• A close friend slept with my ex
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2011