For over a year now my bowel movements have been inconsistant (one day could be constipated and the next diareah or no movement at all)and everyone is different, I have stabbing pain (usally after I eat)in the SAME spot under my my left breast. My stomache bloats and gets so terribly Hard it feels like it's going to EXPLODE!!!! Does anyone know what might be going on?? suggustions???

KimberlyRae

Asked by KimberlyRae at 12:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• To me it does sound like your gallbladder. Your gallbladder will act up after you eat...especially if the meal was high in fat. You can have pain around your sternum, under your breasts and even your shoulderblades. My sister had her gallbladder taken out last year and had all these symptoms plus watery yellowish diarrhea. I would just get your doc to check it out before it gets infected.
    rdwojcik

Answer by rdwojcik at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Sounds like something could be really wrong. I'd go see a doctor. There's a lot of things it could be. Have you tred looking up IBS? Go to webMD and check it out.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Sounds like your gallbladder. My mom, aunt, and sister-in-law had the exact same symptoms and all of them had to have their gallbladders removed. You definitely need to see a doctor. If your doctors are jerks like my moms were, they will do all kinds of test to rule out everything else first, they finally did a test that was specifically for the gallbladder, it is called a hydoscan (sp)and then they finally realized "oh your gallbladder isn't working like it should"...
    loubug2007

Answer by loubug2007 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It does kinda sound like gallbladder, but it would be under your right breast or right in the middle of your sternum. It could also just be your diet... as you get older, you can't really eat whatever you want anymore. Go see your doctor.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Definitely go see a doctor, it could be a lot of things, but the first thing that came to mind to me was Chron's disease.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Do you take fiber? I agree with everyone about going to a doctor. My MIL just had her gallbladder out this past Jan. Her symptoms werent like yours, she vomited alot, for no apparent reason. I think everyone is different, but it sounds to me that maybe you are sensitive to something you are eating, maybe lactose intolerant, or gluten....I would make a doctors appointment and then get a good fiber supplement to take if you havent already. I would also start making a food journal and noting what foods make you feel worse. For my MIL salads would send her straight to the bathroom. This will also help your doctor determine what may be wrong as well.
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 3:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• do you drink or eat lost of milk product? Im lactoce intolerant and that happens to me when I ingest milk. I was never lactoce until I became prego so and can just happen.
    maisynmommy

Answer by maisynmommy at 5:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• NO I don't take 'fiber' and I just drink 'maybe' two cups milk a day....
    KimberlyRae

Answer by KimberlyRae at 6:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Go to the doctor and start asap writing down your daily schedule including times you eat, what you eat, drink, and when you go to the bathroom and how it is.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Go to the doctor, but it sounds like it could be constipation predominant IBS. You can only be diagnosed after excluding all other possibilities. If you are indeed constipated, then fibre will only make you worse at this point. If it is IBS the stabbing pain would normally subside after passing gas. If you don't pass the gas, then it can come and go. Have you tried warm water? I agree with TXdanielly that you should keep a food diary. It will be really helpful when you see the doctor.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2008