Are you brushing those baby teeth with SACCHARIN??!! (Did you know?!)

Oh yes, you heard right, most baby toothpaste brands contain SACCHARIN! Apparently they don't have to warn us about this because we "Don't actually CONSUME it" WHATEVER! Babies swallow this stuff ALL the time!!!! This makes me angry, I immediately checked my babies brands, and for my nine month old daughter I was using Orajel baby teeth and gum cleanser, and YES... SACCHARIN!!! Eeek!! So now it's just Grins and Giggles from Gerber! At least there is someone in the baby business we can trust!!

SACCHARIN.... In 1959, the United States Congress amended the Food, Drugs, and Cosmetic Act of 1938 with the Delaney clause to mandate that Food and Drug Administration not approve substances which "induce cancer in man, or, after tests, found to induce cancer in animals." Studies in laboratory rats during the early 1970s linked saccharin with the development of bladder cancer in rodents. Consequently all food containing saccharin was labeled with a warning.

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• wow thanks for the info!!!
    iLOVEPiNK95

Answer by iLOVEPiNK95 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I use Toms toothpaste I don't believe their toothpaste has this ingredient but not sure

here is a link to their website

http://www.tomsofmaine.com/home
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2011