WHAT IS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS MOTIVATOR? OR YOUR STAY IN SHAPE MOTIVATOR?

I was brain storming the other night and thought up some things that I want to change in my life that correlated with losing weight and I'd like to make a poster board thing with bright colors and stickers and pictures etc. Am I leaving anything out? What helped to motivate you? And what really works? I need something to work. I'm literally killing myself. I need something to keep me on track

Be off all Meds. except BC

Walk long distances w/o pain

not have achy joints

better skin/ hair

breathe easier

have more energy

look younger

look and feel happier

play w/ my kids

live w/o shame or guilt

be able to find my size @ any store

gain confidence

feel good during intimate moments w/ DH

be able to bend again lol

better posture

lower my health risks

wear a swimsuit

wear shorts in public

and then I put my weight down like this I'm 270 today so in 5 lbs incriments is how I'd like to lose it. so 270 265 260 255 250 245 240 and so on. Each time I hit a goal I'll put a sticker over it. Same with pant sizes too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Put this list on paper and put it somewhere where you can see it anytime you start to lose steam (which is inevitable). I did the same thing when I was getting started (I was 269). I've lost 63 lbs so far, and my list of reasons helps me through the plateaus and times when I just don't want to exercise or I want to eat a cheesecake. I've been eating clean and exercising (running, cycling, 30 Day Shred, resistance training).  It's been a slow process, and there are times I have NO motivation, but breaking through those times is the biggest part of this for me.  You can do this. I put together a weight loss journal with motivational pictures, I write after my workouts (just a little blurb about what I did and how I felt), and I write as needed.  It helps me!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I actually like this idea its great. I would have to say you hit all the reason why I want to lose the weight.
    MTButterfly04

Answer by MTButterfly04 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I take a picture of myself everyday so I can see the changes. Mirrors alter your perception. But pictures are the real deal.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• That seems awesome! Good luck! :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Weight loss before and after pictures. Weightwatchers has a great little booklet on Amazon. It's dated, bit it's still great. I think: hey if they can do it: I can too!!
    Probated

Answer by Probated at 3:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i walk evey day drink 8 glass water eat fruit
    yvonne1111

Answer by yvonne1111 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Agree w/ pp to write this list on paper and put in many highly visible spots as a constant reminder/motivator. Also being a positive role model for you kids -- making healthy choices for yourself and your family is important. Best of luck to you.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• What a great idea. I need to do this. Sometimes, I think we lose track of why we are doing things.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Money was one of them. I get a little bit of money once I reach my goal weight 72.1 pounds down so far!
    Also seeing my family. They don't know that I've been losing weight.
    Having an estimated deadline. I think most people can go through hell if they know it's only going to be for a short amount of time.

Good luck! It sounds like you're on the right track!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2011