Why do some men become asses during their wife's pregnancy?

Why do they become so lazy? Why do they only care about themselves? Why do they completely ignore you and the kids?

I'm 14 weeks and my DH keeps getting worse and worse. I don't feel well and I ask him to help with the kids so he turns up the volume on the tv. The kids ask for a goodnight hug before bed and he says just a second and 20 minutes later he's still too busy watching tv and says maybe tomorrow. We have a dvr, he can pause his stupid show and pay attention to his kids, but he won't. He won't help around the house and won't even pick up after himself. He's only like this when I'm pregnant and I'm really sick of it. I need him to help me but he just doesn't listen, doesn't care. Help, I'm married to an ass!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like he needs an old fashion slap upside the head if my husband did this i would take the remote and pause the show and tell him to get off his can and pay attention to his kids as for not helping out he needs to get an attitude adjustment i had to talk to my husband when he started getting pissy at me because we had to go to the ER 3 times late at night because i was working myself into the ground and got dehydrated and all her could do was gripe that now he's not going to get enough sleep to go to work in the morning (as if it was my fault i was doing everything around the house and for our DD while he watched tv)......hope he changes his attitude sorry you're going through this
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 3:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'm a little bit more passive aggressive and would probably throw away the cable box or at least hide it. I don't know maybe since you're not feeling well and not doing as much he feels like he doesn't have to work as hard either? Men can be asses and I'm sorry you're going through this.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Wow, I'm so sorry he's being such a butt :( My husband was absolutely amazing while I was pregnant (I had "morning" sickness 24/7 with all 4 pregnancies). I think its time to steal the remote, and tell him you NEED help around the house, as you shouldn't be doing everything while pregnant! I think some men just can't comprehend the sick feeling some women get while pregnant.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• That sucks my hubs was great to me when I was preg....he's an ass now tho lol
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011