Anyone elses baby hump?

My DD will hump herself to sleep in the car seat it's like instant as soon as i buckle it shes humping away. Sometimes if she won't settle at night I put her in her car seat we call in a sleep seat lol and she humps her self to sleep. But it has to be buckled! Or it won't work ha. My SO says its because the straps are tight she can't breath and passes out, JOKING of course lol. Its just so funny to watch her do this its like shes in a trance.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 4:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, my daughter is 3 and still humps when she's tired. "we've got a humpy bear" is code in my house for bed or nap time.
    rjur28

Answer by rjur28 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• lol, funny.. but it is very normal. Children can learn from a young age that sometimes doing certain things down there feels good.

I used to teach this little boy who couldnt get to sleep for his day nap untill he had humped his toy bunny... and have had a few other kids randomly do things like this. Just have to teach them that there is a time and place for it :)
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 5:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Totaly fine...my son hums EVERYTHING.....He is 22 months now and has been doing it forvever,,,,
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 9:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yeah my son was doing it a couple of times, what can you say it feels good, I don't worry about it's a faze.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my sons have never done this. My oldest is three and my youngest is going on 9months.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• This is funny.. and cute to watch.
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 1:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011