When to throw the towel in? adult content

I am rasing a friends baby. I love the little guy dearly. I jump through any hoop you throw at me. I am just having trouble with her away rubbing in my face that he is her son and not mine. It is very hurtful that she would want to hurt me because I am rasing him. I didn't make him but I sure will rasing me as my own. She wants to give him up for adoption but doesn't want me to adopt him because she wants him raised with two parents. While I'm sorry a lot of kids are getting raised by single parents. I know he will need a male to look up to but right now he is a baby and I hope I get married and so I can show him what a real man is suppose to do. I just of tempory custody with him and hope to have more. His mothe rand I got into it because I being his parent right now wanted to keep him safe and didn't want him to be around bad people or anything come back on me for putting him in a place like that for a short time for a vist. She says you are not going to tell me when and where I can see my son. That is when I said fine here raise him and not even 24 hrs later come get him I can't stand other minute with him. I think that I is horrible to say about their son. I have had him a month and he has improved so much. I just the feeling like on a rollar coaster. Would it be better if I just let her adopt him out where she will never know where he goes in life? If I have him she will get to see him grow up. So what do you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Adoption

• Document EVERYTHING!! You are doing everything right!! File a Child In Need Of Assistance through the court where they assign an attorney on behalf of what is in the best interest of the child. Show the courts what you have done to raise and love this child as your own. They aren't closed minded anymore about having 2 parents as long as the one parent is willing to play the role of Mom & Dad. Obviously she has a lot of growing up to do and it saddens me that women like her have babies when my husband & I have been trying to have one of our own for almost 6 months. I have a 16 year old son now. Keep showing that baby lots of love and do everything you can to keep hold of him. You just have to show how much you do love and have his best interest at heart! I admire you!
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 4:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yeah I would call that a roller coaster. not sure what the right answer is but If my gut tells me something it is usually right!!! Will keep u in my prayers
    country85

Answer by country85 at 4:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'd keep him and dump her! You don't need a friend like that, if the court doesn't say she has to or can see him cut all ties you can and enjoy your baby. That baby deserves a great life and mother you sound like a wonderful person, don't let her break you down because shes got in out for you because you are raising him. Cut your losses and enjoy the miracle she never will.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have a daughter already and I can make kids on my own and is it selfish if I want to keep him. I could let her adopt him out and give him to a family that gets to feel what I feel. I love my daughter dearly and don't know what I would do without her. I just want to do the right thing. If it was me that couldn't have kids and all I wanted was a baby to call me mommy. I am so close to my daughter its hard for me to make her sleep in her own bed. I do have to say I am so busy working full time and taking care of two kids it keep my mind off of finding the wrong partner. I had a couple guy interested and then when I took on this baby they ran. I have a very big heart and just want the best for him. He has heath problems because of his mother. I do breathing treaments every 4 hrs and he has acid relax and he is slower because she never took care of him. The back of his head is flat and he is can't hold his bottle yet
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You have already accepted him as one of your own children shown him love and support that his own mother wouldn't so NO your not being selfish your being a saviour to that little boy! He needs you now more then ever not some strange new home with strange new people how can he bond with them after all he's been through is he going to grow up and think that he's not wanted because of this? He may be young but children grow tight family bonds very early in life and you would be taking that away from him. Also think about what it would do to your daughter to lose her little brother. You have bonded as a family and it should remain that way. Will be praying for you!
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 6:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how you must feel. I also cared for a friend's baby who promised me that I could possibly adopt her baby. However, as time went on the talk of adoption stopped. Of course, I was heartbroken. But, it never changed the love I had in my heart for this little one. I loved him as he was my own. Nothing could ever change that love or that bond. That little one, is now 17 years old living with his mom, and we sill are a part of each other's lives. I think you need to be honest with this little one's mom. Tell her your feelings and how much this baby means to you. For me, when it comes to a child and my heart ...I could never give up. I am sure you have made such a huge difference in this baby's life, and I can only hope and pray everything will be okay. If you need a friend or someone just to listen you can message me.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I say, file for custody.... don't give him up on account of her....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2011