The umbilical cord !!

yesterday i couldnt sleep ..and when i did i just had bad dreams abt my bb .... well probably i just got this idea of the umbilical cord that could hurt my bb .... and could strangle the bb .... how that could happen what to do to avoid that momies ??? any advice ? any idea red about it ? did you had that kind of bad dreams about ur baby ?

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 5:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They say the Left side is best for placental circulation, but honestly any position you are comfortable in is just fine, as long as you are not lying flat on your back. I bought a body pillow to cuddle up to while lying on my side, it helps a lot.

When you lie on your back, the weight of the baby presses on your inferior vena cava, the largest vein that brings blood back to your heart from your lower extremities. This can cause a drop in blood pressure, nausea, dizziness, etc., but it is not life threatening to you or your baby.

If you are used to sleeping on your back and finding it hard to change, put a pillow under one hip so you are just slightly tilted to one side, displacing the baby's weight from the middle of your back. My sister who is an OB Nurse uses this position in the hospital with lots of moms all the time, it is totally safe and appropriate
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 5:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Actually I had and still have bad dreams, not as much now then before. I have no idea tho. About the dreams, I think going to talk to someone about it will help best. About keeping the cord from hurting your baby just keep getting it checked on.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 5:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Im not sure hun, here's a bump.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Your dreams are common for pregnant women, it's upsetting but there isn't much you can do to stop your dreams. Just remind yourself when you wake up that it's a normal dream and your baby is fine and happy.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You are just being a mommy.. worrying.. it's perfectly normal.. :)
    good luck with everything , and my daughter was born with it wrapped around her neck and she is just fine :) try and not worry so much.. I know its hard..but just try and relax and think positive happy thoughts..its best for you and baby :) and congrats!! :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Pregnancy dreams are extreme weird and scary but most of the time it is just weird. I am sure the baby is fine and it is just an dream but if it does make you feel better to at least have your dr to check it out just in case and it will make you whole better. I usually laugh at my dreams and think its funny because lot of time it was so weird!
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 8:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You don't have to DO anything about the cord. Just remind yourself that it is slippery like a fish.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2011