How soon is too soon to renew your wedding vows?

My hubby and I have been married for 3 years now. We've been thinking about planning a vow renewal for our 5th anniversary. I've been searching online and it seems like this is very common, but I also read where some people are giving others a hard time because it's "too early." I think it would be romantic, but I also want it to be something that's appropriate. We ran off and eloped the first time, and I'm not looking for a renewal ceremony to like make up for eloping. I just think it's sweet and would be awesome to do something like this. What does everyone else think? 5 years is too soon, or OK?

MrsMalik

Asked by MrsMalik at 5:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• 5 years hell 2 years isn't too soon LOL All your doing is renewing that fact that you have made a life long commitment before God and man to share a loving happy life together. If you Eloped then have a renewal ceremony and make it grand! =)
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 5:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Do what you feel like doing. Don't use other people's opinions to decide what you should do. Now, my answer is the next day would be too soon.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Why let what others think stop you from doing something so special? Heck no it's not too soon! If I could afford it I'd do it every year. We were going to do renew our vows at 5 years but he was deployed. He's deployed again and miss this last anniversary so I'm going to aim for our 10 year.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I just asked this too hubs wants to do this at 5 years I personally think its to soon I said 10 years he's disappointed
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2011