How can I appreciate my DH efforts more?

I am going back to work soon PT as a home health aid,leaving my DH to care for DS who has special needs. DH will cook dinner and clean BUT his cleaning and my cleaning have 2 different meanings. My instinct is to reclean but that makes DH feel like why bother. Help!!!

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 5:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe try giving him a list of the things he's good at and do those and leave the other stuff for you to do. Praise his good work because men are like children in constant need of approval and praise! =) He just needs to feel like he's contributing to your household in one way or another.
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 5:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with dan4heather :) You're lucky you have a man that willingly cleans without being asked. My husband does clean but I always have to ask him to do something.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Resist the urge :D I know, easier said than done (trust me!). And even when you give them a specific task (like put all the NEW CLOTHING we just bought into the washer), they still somehow mess it up (OK, sorry, little rant there, LOL).

*Hugs* and good luck!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Be thankful for his efforts and find a way to make his cleaning for him easier and the way you would want done. That way there is no hurt feelings.
    cmholt

Answer by cmholt at 10:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Have some faith in dh even if u have to deep clean at least he is trying :) things don't have to be perfect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2011