How young is too young to have a Facebook profile?

BTW MY CHILDREN DO NOT HAVE ONE I AM JUST ASKING WHAT AGE IS TOO YOUNG NO NEED TO GET ALL NASTY AND MAKE NASTY COMMENTS ABOUT CHILDREN NEEDING SOCIAL INTERACTION OF ANYTHING FOR MY BOYS DO GET GET SOCIAL INTERACTION ALL THE TIME.  I AM JUST ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION. 

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Technology

• I would say 15 or 16 and even then kids need supervision and a parent should have 100% access to what their kids are doing on there. My parents did when I had messengers and such at that age and I am thankful for that!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Facebook requires them to be at least 13, so I would say bare minimum is 13. Personally, I don't know at what age my kids would get a Facebook if I let them get one at all. I have one and I use it to keep in touch with family and friends, but I also know it's a big time waster. ;) Not sure I want to encourage my kids use of something so...really, useless. I think, if pressed for a firm answer, I'd say that I wouldn't let them get one before they were at least 15.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't feel that children under 16 should have a FB profile and if they do their parents should be monitoring it extremely closely and having the final say on who they have as FB friends. Children need to have social interaction REAL social interaction not from a website but from playing in the park riding their bike slumber parties... Real kids talking and playing with real Kids not a computer networking site. My son wasn't allowed to get a FB until he turned 16 the only reason I allowed it now is because I monitor it and he's turning into a young man who has to start learning now the responsibilities that come with age. Kids need to be creative and challenging their minds not playing online.
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 6:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2011