Do you know how to drive in the snow?

My friend and I were talking about how the further south you get the more afraid people are to drive in the snow. Just wondering.... where do you live and are you good at driving in the snow?

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 8:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Tennessee: Yes, I can drive in the snow. There are only a few simple rules to follow here in the south.

1. You MUST go very fast....at least 15 miles per hour....any faster and you might look like you know what your actually doing.

2. Strap on 2 seatbealts....like race car driving...it's for your own safety.

3. You MUST slam on breaks every 30 feet to let other people know behind you that your a professional driver.

4. Lay on the horn at every stop light because you really don't know if there might be black ice and your car could just slide right through it.......it's called being kind to those up ahead of you to let them know they might get rear ended.

5. Slam on breaks again.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am in Minnesnowta and raised in Wisconsin. I love to drive in the snow!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yeah im pretty good i get so nervous when snow finally comes cuz some ppls act like they can still drive 70 down the road
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I live in VA, but after 3 years in Fairbanks AK, I can drive in the snow (and ice) like a pro. I don't even worry about it. I just get out and go. But people drive really stupid around here, in bad weather.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 8:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am in ohio and people forget how to drive once it starts snowing. I just drive a lil slower when the roads are bad and I have never been in an accident(in the winter). But other people drive just as fast as they would in nice weather. Then they hit a patch of black ice, spin out,lose control,total their cars then wonder what the heck happened and blame the weather for their accident. of course if the accident is "weather related" than they dont get a citation.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 8:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am in the south but from the north! No one knows how to drive in it and gets so freaked out let me tell you-

HERE in VA YES YES YES i'm scared,but ONLY because I'm afraid of someone else driving into ME!

in MA- not so scary.

They cancel school if it MIGHT snow here! lol
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 8:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• WA state and I am petrified to drive in the snow...scared witless
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'm in PA, we get some nasty winters, but the beginning is always a shock to the system. I just got 4wd 2 years ago spring before the baby was born. Makes me extra nervous with kids in the car! I LOVE driving in the snow when I'm alone, though.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• oh i know exactly what you mean... im from germany.. driving school here is SO much different than in the US, because you actually have to drive for at least 24x 45minutes plus 2 different tests plus 8x special 45minutes (rain, snow, dark, interstate ect.) so i def. know how to drive when there is sno (A LOT) on the roads...

but when i lived in Tennessee it was just so funny.. everybody was freaking out when it started to snow.. i was like "wtf?! its just snow!".. hehe... everybody is afraid of driving in the snow down there.. i just said: "get some good tires and youll be fine".. ;) we didnt get much snow in Tennessee.. i think thats why the people there are not used to it.. but still funny :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• 6. Laugh at the people who ran off the side of the road into a cow pasture.

7. Slam on breaks again.

8. You MUST say at least 20 cuss words every 10 minutes about how the City didn't salt the 1/2 inch of snow on the roads because Lord knows you could be stranded for days if you can't get out of your house to the grocery store.

9. Slam on breaks again.

10. Get the hell out of your car dressed like you live in Alaska with snow boots on and go get your dang groceries. Oh, don't forget the snow shovel and generator....you know...just in case the next snow storm is worse and we get 2 inches.

Southerncharmes