Activities/curriculum for a pre-schooler? Advice needed

I know many people don't follow a formal curriculum with preschoolers but I thought it might be good if I start off with something structured. My son turned 4 in April and I looking for a curriculum/program I can follow with him. Any advice would be helpful

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• www.preschoolpalace.org I use that website to print worksheets for my 3 y/o and we have "school" everyday where we do 2-3 worksheets on the same subject, then I try to find natural teaching opportunities to reinforce the same subject through out the day.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I babysit and i have a 3 year old son. I buy preschool books that he has to work in for 10 or 15 mins because kids have a very short attention span. We do projects for mothers day, fathers day, valentines day, fourth of july, christmas, easter, thanksgiving and each child gets to pick out who they want to make it for. Like example this fathers day i had my son and his friend finger paint on poster board and i asked each of them what they wanted to say to daddy like Happy dads day or I love u daddy and i wrote it and used hot glue gun which they watched me.
    U could also do flash cards with the alphabet or colors or shapes, have story time. Even on a nice day take a walk with him and do a scavenger hunt. draw pics of what he needs to find like a stop sign and ask him to find it and when he does ask him to tell u the colors on it.
    I even make driving a fun learning thing with traffic lights. You don't want to over due it
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I won't be overdoing it just am asking for ideas.....shesh people give me a break
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011