Pregnant & still vaporing marajuana

My sister is 6 weeks pregnant and continuing to use marajuana, she says she researched it and there aren't any downsides because she's not smoking. I'm having a hard time finding anything thing agreeing or disagree with her statement. Does anyone know of any websites i can get information from?

Tonavwut

Asked by Tonavwut at 7:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• here you go:
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-smoke-marijuana-during-pregnancy_2490.bc http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/illegaldrugs.html
    http://www.thinkpregnancy.org/english/marijuana.htm
    These all tell you how POT is NOT good on a pregnancy! If she can't stop now then what kind of mother is she going to be once the baby is born and she's high? She will lose the baby to foster care if they detect any drugs in the placenta which holds any drugs in it from 12 weeks on. Does she want to lose the baby she's carrying to foster care because she couldn't stop smoking weed for her child's health? She needs an eye opener and quickly
    dan4heather

Answer by dan4heather at 7:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• There are no studies showing any negative effects of THC. Hot smoke is bad for anyone, especially pregnant women, but vaping or edibles cut out the unhealthy part. Hope she lives in a medical MJ state- remember a happy mama means a happy baby! Good luck to her!
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• There may or may not be downsides, but they will test her, at her doctor's appointments, and when she gives birth, so she is flirting with the possiblity of having her baby taken away from her!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think for 9 months I could put the pot down (if I smoked) like I did with alcohol.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE wine.. did I drink even the allowed 1 glass of wine.. NOPE.. why?? because even though there is NO evidence that one glass of wine can hurt my baby.. I refuse to take the chance..
    her body..her pregnancy.. her baby.. its up to her in the long run. With that.. I will say I picked my daughter over everything else.
    Good luck to your sister..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• soflashelley It is a happy momma not a HIGH momma. For crying out loud why risk the health of your baby for a high?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am all for marijuana use but there is no reason to expose a fetus to this when there is clearly no clue how it could affect it, the risk is not worth it.

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Babycenter have a lot information on pregnant women shouldn't smoke anything at all. Good luck, hope you do get her to stop anyhow for baby's sake!
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 8:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• she should stop this sh*t as soon as possible .. good luck for helpin her
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with treynlisa and caramelH
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In my opinion, any sort of vice is just silly to continue while pregnant.

That said, SOME doctors MIGHT advise a woman not to full out quit cold turkey, when it comes to drugs or smoking anything. You know how people go through withdrawals when they quit something like that? A baby in her body would do the same thing... and you can imagine how much more serious it could be. So SOME doctors might tell her to gradually quit instead... and whenever a friend of mine who smokes cigarettes or anything has been told not to quit cold turkey, they really hear their doctor say not to quit at all, and they use that as an excuse - "My doctor told me it's okay" sort of thing. But yeah... she still should quit.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2011