Summer vacation, not excited!

not so excited about summer vacation! I don't think they need all that time 3 weeks tops!!! Kids need to learn.. And for us working parents we use school as a daycare, now we have to run to find sitters ..ugh! Anyone else feel this way or am I being a total bitch?!

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I really can't relate to this point of view. I wish you had some vacation time to ENJOY your kids with.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Sucks to be in your frame of mind.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I work full time, but I use school as a means of educating my kids, not as daycare. In order to fill in the summer, they go to a variety of camps - some educational, some just fun. It is more work for me than just sending them to school in the morning, but it's reality and I don't mind doing it because I knew that having children and a career was going to involve some amount of "juggling".

Your post makes it sound like you're self-centered and not thinking of the welfare of your kids.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• School isn't daycare. It is a learning institution. And it should take just as much work from you as it does the teacher and the child to make it successful. Children need a break from all of that. I do not just stick my kid in daycare throughout the summer. She goes to an awesome youth program that includes reading programs, swimming instruction, field trips, and lots of other stuff. I don't think summer should be shortened. Yes the summer costs me more money. But the memories she is making over the summer make it worth it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• As an educator I need a long break from all the "daycare" kids!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My son is three... so not in school. But I work at Toys R Us... in a mall... so I'm not excited about summer break either. I shudder just thinking about all the bratty teenagers making a mess in the store day after day... because believe me, teenagers make more a mess in a Toys R Us than younger kids ever do!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• School in NOT a daycare!
    Education doesn't stop just b/c school is out for the summer!
    It's not the school systems job or responsibility for provide child care for YOUR children!
    Sounds like your priorities are a little skewed!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You know how long summerholidays are in greece 3 MONTHS.....I love her around, time flies...she is only 5 so give me time with her!!!
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yea i agree...my son has a whole month off before he goes to summer school and when he does go it'll only be for 2 1/2 weeks! I remember when I was a kid summer school lasted forever! and we only had like a couple of weeks for summer. Although I don't work....its easier to get stuff done without my son there constantly bugging me lol.
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Tootoobusy!!~I SHOULDN'T HAVE CHILDREN BECAUSE I WORK.. PSST!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 7:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2011