Does anyone know why the flags are at half mast today?

I tried googling it, and even called the school, I was curious if anyone knew why the flags were at half mast today? Thanks!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• By order of the Governor, all flags at all State and government offices will be flown at half-staff, in Ozark County only, from Monday, June 20, 2011, until dusk on Sunday, June 26, 2011 in memory of Private First Class Matthew Joseph England who died while serving his country in Iraq.

Also, by order of the Governor, all flags at all government buildings statewide will be flown at half-staff for one full day on Monday, June 20, 2011, from sunrise until sunset in memory of Private First Class Matthew Joseph England
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• this was from the Missouri gvmt page...sad...RIP PFC England
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Where are you? Could be something local.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• HI, I am in Missouri, I noticed the bank's flag was half mast too, I have googled it and can't find anything,, IDK?
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In my state everytime a soldier is killed in battle our flags are flown at half mast.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I thought all of the flags in MO were still at half mast because of the Joplin tornado. Maybe that is just in our area.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2011