School supplies?

Does anyone else go crazy and buy a lot when the school supplies start coming out? I feel like I can never have enough!

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Shopping

• My little girl isn't even in school yet and just last night I went school supply crazy. But in my defense many of those items can also be considered office supplies.
    Nedrin

Answer by Nedrin at 1:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I love when its time for school.. 10 Cents here 25 cents there.. It doesnt add up to much but we use those thngs year round. My husband doesnt get it, but you need some white glue in December and have to pay $1.50 for it when you know in July and August you can get it for 10 cents, you just wanna slap him for not letting you buy it then. Both of my kids have a supply list this year, so I have good reason for shopping. And I love any reason for shopping!
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I'm so waiting on the school supplies list! I can't wait to do some bargain shopping for my son.
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I bargain shop, and I opt to get crayons and sissors and glue, etc when it is on sale before school starts. That way if one of the kids needs something during the other months, we have it and dont have to budget buying more school supplies. Besides, if you have kids you need crayons and glue for projects. It doesnt matter how old they are.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yes, I hit Goodwill! I can get stuff in bulk at a real good deal and use the stuff all year
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 6:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yea, I think that just brings the kid back out in all of us lol!!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I always buy enough magic markers and crayons for my son's whole class when Target has them for 50 cents a box. I also buy scads of glue sticks, notebook paper, pencils and make a nice care package for the teacher at the beginning of the year. It's always appreciated.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes, I think it is all marketing. I just asked my husband today if I should start buying clothes for my kids now. He said, "No it is only July." But the stores are alread kicking out the summer stuff and bringing on fall. I love the school supplies. I always buy tons of crayons. My church is having a Xmas in July theme to have supplies bought for the needy. You pick a card/decoration off the tree and then buy that and put it under the tree. We picked markers!!! Watch out Target, here I come!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i think i just have an addiction to school supplies!
    ericanow

Answer by ericanow at 10:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• ha ha I have an addiction for school supplies but the really sad part is, they are for me...lol. I am still in college and love to go school shopping...silly huh!
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008