Please help I am freaking out....Okay so my son is 7 months old...He was a good eater up until 5 days ago he will not take a bottle he spits out out freaks out when you go to feed him,,,cries, yells simply flips out. He also isnt sleeping good at all.

I had him on soy and the DR took him off and placed him on standered enfamil. He did fine but because I thought it was that we went back to soy and he is still doing the same thing....the only way he will take a bottle is laying down on his belly and the bottle on its side...i know thats bad but idk what to do anymore....any ideas what this issue is??

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 9:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thrush? Hand foot and mouth disease? Teething? What does the inside of his mouth look like?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He is teething....No Thrush
    MaMaTreZZa

Comment by MaMaTreZZa (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• At first I was going to say teething... I know when my son was teething he didn't eat a lot at all (and normally he was big on eating) because it hurt his mouth. And of course it was harder for him to sleep too.

If your son's cheeks are red and he's drooling a lot, that's what it is.

If not, I'm not sure.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was going to say it sounds like teething. Perhaps put the bottle nipples in the fridge to make them cold?
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Does he have an ear infection? Any time one of the kids get an ear infection they don't want to drink a bottle or nurse. It hurts to suck.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Have you introduced a sippy cup or regular cup yet? If so he may be done with the bottle. When we started Lily on a sippy cup she started refusing the bottle.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It sounds like it is due to the teething to me. Try numbing his gums with either a frozen washcloth or some baby orajel before feeding him. You can give him tylenol or ibuprofen to help with the pain at night.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It could be heartburn or acid reflux. I know babies can get that and they cry. My doctor always asks does he have normal spit up or is it like a lot. if it is alot then it is probably acid reflux. If he don't want to drink it on his back like he should u should get him checked out for acid reflux.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He could be teething, but check to make sure the nipple isn't to big or small sometimes, I know my son was having a hard time getting the formula out when the nipple wasn't the right fit for him. Also, look into if it's acid reflux, etc. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011