My work gives me diaherra. I am fine on weekends but I have diaherra within an hour M-F when I get to work.

Tyler_mom1996

Asked by Tyler_mom1996 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• Is your job stressful to you? Or are you eating and/or drinking something different on work days than you do at home on weekends? Those are the only things I can think of that would be a contributing factor to your diarrhea.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Maybe it's the coffee.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Coffee?? That would be a good first guess.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• probably the coffee !!! the water that u use to clean ur cup .... water !!!!! or stress !!!!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Chances are you have colitis. Most of the time you will get cramping with it. Sometimes bad enough that you feel like you are going to pass out. This comes from stress.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't drink coffee, but it could be stress. My boss makes my life stressful
    Tyler_mom1996

Comment by Tyler_mom1996 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Do you start to get tummy aches before you even leave for work? Maybe the idea of going to work is stressful/worrisome to you and it affects you that way. I know I get like that sometimes - ever since high school. I would get nervous before leaving for school every day and would sometimes have to go to the bathroom before. I wasn't scared of school or anything... but it was a daily thing. I still have days like that now, when I go to work.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It sounds like you want the answer to be that work is stressful. If this is the case, look for a new job.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Do you eat differently M-F. Like maybe you grab a quick bowl of cereal through the week but on weekends you cook breakfast when you have more time.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I doubt it is stress. Diaherra is usually caused by eating or drinking something that your digestive system doesn't like. I suggest keeping a food diary of what you are eating and drinking both at home and at work. Then you can track down the problem food. I have also heard that probiotic foods can help with this problem, they take a while to work but I have heard a lot of good things from people who use them.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 12:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011