Is this meant to toot your own horn and look for positive reactions or was this to discourage and make other mom's feel inferior?

What is so hard about being a stay at home mom? I have been a stay at home mom for 6yrs now and I have 6 children and there is nothing hard about it. I would never say it is a JOB to take care of my children, it is a joy. My DH does not help out at all and I have no close family, so I do EVERYTHING by myself. What is so hard about taking care of your own children, cleaning your own house, and cooking for your family?

The above was a question I saw posted on here.

I don't care how well you look after your family, if you have the advantage of a helping husband or relatives. I do care if you make other mom's feel bad about themselves because you are a self entitled super mom. I think being a super mom means you do for your family while helping and lifting up other moms in the process. I don't feel any better about myself if other mom's can't do certain things or need support. Sorry but Q's that are written to make other mom's feel inferior are rather irritating.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The more kids you have the more they can take care & entertain each other like in your case with 6. Everything in life is "experience". The more you have experienced the easier it gets. You may have more experience so raising your children is easy for you at this point in your life. Unfortunately when we are new to an experience it is harder for us since we need to learn the ropes. If you were taken out of your home & placed in a full time job which was all new to you, how easy would that be for you? Live & learn, that is the true lesson in life. Adjustment takes time. If it makes someone feel better to vent when they are experiencing stress then so be it.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Sorry but Q's that are written to make other mom's feel inferior are rather irritating.--

i couldn't agree more, mrs. cleaver.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Did you say that to make SAHMs who don't find it to be the perfect life and DO find it difficult feel bad? Or just to toot your own horn?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was a SAHM, and I loved it, but I have to admit, there were moments when I wanted to pull my hair out! I take offense personally to this, as there is no "standard" to being a great mother. I now work out of the home, and my children are well taken care of, and although I miss it sometimes, I know that they are happier now, since we can financially afford to do more. Also if you doing everything in your house works for you, that's great, but let me tell you I have an AMAZING husband who works just as many hours as I do, and still comes home and helps out with household duties!! So, bravo to you, for being a great SAHM, but don't know those of us who are happy not being a SAHM!!!
    chavemann

Answer by chavemann at 10:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well OP, I to love beinga SAHM, AND I find it really hard sometimes.

You're probably physically and emotionally healthier than I am. That's fine, I do the best I can with the body and mind I've been given.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and while I love that I am fortunate enough to stay home with my children, I do find it hard at times. I don't think it is for everyone. It's not that I'm complaining about taking care of my kids because it is my job, but personally, I miss working and can not wait to get back to it as soon as my youngest is in school.
    I find a little irony in this post though, but kudos' to u for feeling like super mom and making the rest of us who sometimes find it hard feel bad.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh, just realizing OP may be quoting someone, and not saying that for herself.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I took it as a put down and someone out to cause crap.  The person who asked that question could probaly have worded it a bit differently and got a better reaction but putting other moms down while bragging about herself, that's classic.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• A little thing called quotation marks would have saved the bend of your post. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• true. I agree.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2011