It's not parvo!

Not really a question, just an update! We got a call today and the lady said with the amount of blood she would have assumed it was parvo. However, that's not the case, so for the next 5 days they will be treating him for whip and hook worm! By Friday we should have some real answers and be able to find out if he's going to be okay or if they need to put him down.. I don't want another dog, so we're going to say forget about it and get a refund :(. I just wanted to let everyone that he will probably be okay!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pets

• Have they tested for Giardia or Coccidia (spelling)? One of my dogs had bloody diarrhea as a puppy and it turned out to be Giardia.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No? I have never even heard of it. But would that make him vomit and not eat or drink?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'm glad it isn't parvo. I'm the one that answered that I didn't think that's what he had because of his age. Understand though that they probably didn't know when they gave you the dog. I have gotten plenty of dogs in my life and the only one that was ever sick was the one that I got from the pound that they shot up with the Kennel Cough vaccine. These dogs are thrown in with other ones that they don't know the background. I'll pray for your family and little furry one.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• That is GREAT news!! Hopefully it is a simple thing such as worms. Thank you for the update!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh, I'm not sure about the vomiting, but mine did have a lack of appetite when he had Giardia. Hopefully it is just worms for your dog, but I say if deworming doesn't help to have the vet test for Giardia and/or Coccidia.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• That's great news! Thanks for the update---keep up posted.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011