Potty Trainning????? My Two year old???? Is it time

I Know this might be a asked alot question, but i am having a hard time figureing out the best way to potty train, my daughter is barley two years old but very much ready I would say this is my first child though so its hard to know what to do she will bring me a diper and ask me to change her i catch her changering or atempting to change her own diper all the time, she knows where the potty is how to wipe flush and wash her hands, she will tell me after she goes potty she has all the steps in the right order except the timeing on when she has to go, i feel like im missing something so simple that she is so close and i just am missing something or what but idk can people please give some helpful advise on how to help my daughter learn to figure out how to hold it and let me know she has to go potty! i know shes close i just need to figure out the last few steps, she has her own potty and even her own underwear, i think its very much so time!!! What do you think

Michala1

Asked by Michala1 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What I did was just buy her a potty and let her come with me evertime I went. In the beginning she would just sit on it clothes and all, eventually she wanted to start taking her diaper off and before u know it, she was pt. She was 18 months old. I didn't force it, just let her do it on her own. Maybe u can try something similar and see if she'll start wanting to go on her own. Every child is different so there's no set age.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• this is what I did with my children. First we went shopping for underwear and stickers. Then we put a calendar up in the bath room and every time they went they would put a sticker on the calendar. After "X" amount of stickers they would get a special treat like going for ice cream or having their favorite dinner. If you think she is ready the best thing is to be consistent. If you can ask her every 20 minutes or so and if she doesn't want to try don't force her. The more you push the more she might push back and then you will have a harder time training her.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thankyou! ! that is a good idea we got her a dora potty she loves so might have to try that out thanks!
    Michala1

Comment by Michala1 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• the treat idea is good to, my mom gives her stickers when she goes she seems to like that maybe ill just have to go buy more and reward her with stickers when she goes! thanks that is a good idea as well
    Michala1

Comment by Michala1 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Im in the process of potty training my 2 year old son, Weve been at it for 1 week now and he has only had 2 accidents the 1st day. We have been using the marshmellow (tiny colorful ones)...3 for going poopy and 2 for going pee pee.
    He has his own potty and then one of those that sit on the big potty, like a seat so he doesnt fall in the big potty. He was using his potty but then i got out the other one and hes been using that. Hes doing great.
    One day i was just like...ok buddy were going to start using the big boy potty today, i took his diaper off set him on the potty and told him to go pee and he did. I got so excited, started clapping and gave him a hug and told him how proud i was of him and hes been going potty since.
    He now tells me when he has to pee !!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Ask her every twenty minutes or so if she has to go. If she hasn't gone or at least tried after an hour then tell her you think she should try and have her sit on the potty for a few minutes to go. If you keep it up, she will eventually pinpoint and identify the urge to go.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2011