OMG my DD jus tput a crayon in her vaginal opening!

she has not been abused she is with me all the time. My question is could she had hurt herself? broken her hymen? I know it was childish curiosity but wow! she is almost 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She probably didn't do any damage, but I would take her to her doctor to be sure.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i would check with the pedtrician. i wouldn;t think she broken anything but def call the doctor. don;t be embarressed. i know they are nontoxin but i have no idea. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It's ok, relax. If there is no bleeding, she didn't break her hymen, although it can be broken by a fall, doing gymnastics etc. It doesn't have anything to do with being abused, children tend to find spots on their bodies and are curious. This was just a pocket that she could use. Just make sure that she didn't put any more in there. Ask her because if any are up inside she will have to have them removed. Tell her gently that putting things in there will hurt her. And I say gently because you don't want to scare her for her adult relationship with her husband.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yeah we had a very calm and 'silly' talk about how it was silly thing to do and that we don't put thing in there! I asked her where she got such a funny idea and she didn't know so I have no concerns. She also already knows that is a private area and I reminded her now of that as well as that touching there should be done in her room but no more putting things in it!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Let her know we don't do that, she should be fine. If it helps my dd did the same thing once after watching me use a tampon. Your dd should be fine, just let her know not to do it again. I think its curiosity.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2011