Moving vs not moving

My son 2yrs old. his dad lives 1hr 30min from us. he goes to visit his dad once a month for a week. My son crys like crazy when it is time for him to leave. I think it is because he associates his dad with mommy leaving. I am thinking of moving to the city his dad lives in so he can have both of us around...i feel like that is best for him. but I dont kno if it is the right thing to do. That would mean new daycare, new pediatrician, etc...I lived in the city before thats where my son was born...im just confused. Any advice? have any of you been in this type of situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• If you are able to get a job, have somewhere to live and it won't change your life too much I say move. If not, your son is two, he will ge over it and be fine.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• we have moved quite a few times now and I will say.... as long as you can get a job the rest is just small details. Being closer to his dad might have other problems however, running into him and his current GF or you and your current BF might have some issues that neither of you really wants to see. We live about 2 hours from their dad and it's worked pretty well for us so he can have his private life and I can have mine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• if you consider moving that's up to you.. but an hour and a half isn't a big deal for driving.. you could do every other weekend instead.. and it'll be easier once your son starts school because his schedule won't allow for a week once a month.
    A lot of people commute that everyday to and from work.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• and you could alternate driving.. you drop him off, he drops him off at the end of the weekend, or he picks him up friday, you pick him up sunday.
    xxhazeldovexx

• i say if you can get a new job and feel comfortable in that city i say it might be ok. but if youa re comfortable where you are then i say he is little and he will get use to it. i know how hard it can be. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Move
    Jeelly

Answer by Jeelly at 3:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011