Do you watch Sister Wives?

If so, do you know why moving to Vegas would change anything for them? Are the state laws different? I don't understand how if they commit a "crime" in Utah, that they'd be safe in Nevada? Doesn't work that way for other crimes, right?

That being said, I don't think what they are doing is a crime, I just can't understand how publicly moving to Vegas makes a difference.

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 10:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• If that was the case, then why make the entire family totally stress out over the move?

Because TLC is paying for it. They're the next Gosselins or Roloffs - TLC will throw money at them until it destroys their family.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• They said the other day that it changes nothing on paper, it just makes them feel better.
    If that was the case, then why make the entire family totally stress out over the move? I like them, but I don't agree with how they are handling this.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yep, I watch it! I think the police should leave them alone. These women CHOSE their lifestyle and the kids are happy (well a little unhappy since the move, they'll adjust though). And it doesn't seem they are going to FORCE the children to have this lifestyle either. Some of the kids have already said they don't want to practice polygamy when they're older.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yes!! is there a new season on?
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My understanding is that they hope that "out of sight, out of mind" will prevail for the Utah DA. They hope to blend in better in an area that is known for tolerance of less than accepted behavior (prostitution for example).
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• They can be extradited to Utah if the state decides to press charges. They're still at risk, but the state of Utah is really just trying to make an example out of them, since they went public, and Utah has gotten so much flack over the years for polygamy and Mormonism. Hopefully things'll be better for them in LV.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2011