If hubs asked to renew vows at 5 year anniversary would u?

I think 10 years is a better mark 5 is to soon that's just my opinion.

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I have to say....We love each other just as much and even more now. We've experienced so much 'together'. We didn't get to have the wedding we really wanted the first time because our families are scattered all over the country and the world, in fact. With careful planning...I would be ecstatic to stand with my awesome husband and exchange our "religious sacrements" together again. Is there some law that says you can never say your vows to each other again? It may seem "unneccessary to some" to "rehash' the whole "memory lane" thing again....BUT, then...maybe they are not still so madly in love with each other that they can't wait to say their vows again to each other. We're positive thinking people...we always find a good reason to do things "together". I think it's completely terrific that your DH is in a hurry! How sweet is that? DH & I just think 10yrs is soon enough...we're waiting ...excitedly.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• id do it just from the sheer surprise that DH wanted to do something like that! i love him but hes not the romantic type
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Whatever you want. It could just be you two renewing, it doesn't have to be some kind of large celebration.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If I make it to the fifth........it would probably be worth it....LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• In my generation, it's usually done no sooner than the 25th.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think it is pretty sweet that he asked you! Maybe you could do it every 5 years,,,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• eh... I have never been a fan of the whole renew the vows thing... seems redundant as the first ones were to death and all. I understand some people enjoy the action of rehashing the feeling though... I would talk about it with DH and see why he feels he would like to do it at 5 vs. 10... maybe he has a good reason? I would think 10 would be better but like I said he may have a reason in mind for doing it sooner.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• we were supposed to do it every 5 years but thanks to the military we never got the change to do our 5 year (he was gone) and we won't make it to our 10 year because the divorce will be final next year (our 8th year)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would have had him admitted to a psych ward for even mentioning renewing of vows lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't understand the whole vow renewal thing. I participated in the sacrament of marriage once already...and you can't redo sacraments because you feel it might be a nice trip down sentimental lane...but that's just my personal opinion. If to you it was just vows then maybe renewing is something you could think about. Do whatever makes your relationshiop stronger and happier.

Answer by tobys.mommy 6 minutes ago

Actually, you do renew sacraments quite often. Every Easter at church we renew our baptismal sacrament. Every time you and your DH have sex, you are renewing your marriage sacrament.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2011