What is the most amout of weight you've ever lost? How did you do it?

I would like to get down to a healthy weight and that means losing about 80 lbs. Yikes!

What worked for you?

Looking for some encouragement/advice/tips/recipes. Anything to get me going!

Thanks girls! :D

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 11:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 77 pounds. Curves diet and exercise. Carbs are your ENEMY!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I did it by watching what I ate and by following portion sizes. I cut out ALL high-fructose-corn-syrup in juices, soda and foods. If you pick up something off the shelf and can't pronounce everything in the ingredients or have no idea what something is, put it back and grab for the next brand of the same item until you can. The less amount of ingredients the better the item!

For breakfast I would eat a simple bowl of cereal
    Lunch was a sandwich, fresh fruit and 100% juice (pineapple)
    and dinner was my "free" meal where I ate with the family what they were eating just watched how much I ate

I lost 60lbs in a pretty short time (less than a year) without exercise I'm sure if i had exercised I could have lost faster.

To this day I still try to stick to this and it works! 130lbs baby!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i did it with slimfast but i worked for a weighloss centre for years. i did lose on their plan too. cut down on junk and eat more fruits and veggies and just portions and exercise. i lost about 75lb and maintained it for close to 7yrs before i got pregnant and i am at square one again. i am starting agian today. good luck. i am right there with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Not proud of this, but I lost a stone in weight after experimenting with drugs & illegal diet pills, 2 years later, I'm a curvy healthy size, and after having a baby, I'm NEVER going down that road again, they were some very dark times in my life, I'm actually very lucky to be alive!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I lost 60 lbs on weight watchers, I have been doing it for about 10 years and have kept he weight off. But use common sense, healthier foods, smaller portions, get your water, dairy and fruit and vegetables in every day. Exercise, even walking (that is pretty much all I do).

Good luck.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• And I forgot, water is your best friend...............
    Dahis

• about 60 lbs- by counting calories...took about a year and a half

sadly- I gained it all back though after moving to a new state with no friends and not cleaning full time anymore :(
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I lost 35 lbs in a few months.  The bad news is it was due to bereavement, the good news is that I kept it off.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I lost about 35 lbs and it was mostly because I wasnt eating as much and doing a little more exerices.. I was eating more because I was breastfeeding and after I stopped I started getting back to where I was before my pregnancy.. and I also started losing about 2 lbs a month after my monthly friend Idk why.. Good luck.. Just remember to try and eat healthy and you portion size and try to get some work outs in when you can
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I lost 45 pounds with Weight Watchers when my oldest was almost a year old.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011