Preschool concern?

My 3 year old son starts preschool in September, he is very excited on going to school this year. I even signed him up in preschool swim lessons so he gets the right idea of listening to the teacher and to make friends in the pool.
My biggest concern is he has a friend that comes over every day he plays with who happens to be our neighbor 2 houses down. my son and him are going to the same school and i am concerned that my son will just want to play with him and not make friends with other kids. also my other concern is his friend has another friend going there as well and i am concerned that my son's friend will forget about my son and just play with his other friend.
What i am hoping for is that my son, his friend Dan and dans other friend will all be friends.
what happens if that doesn't happen, considering i will be going to pick up my son and Dan while Dans father will be taking them both to school.

I don't want my son left out since he has been playing with Dan for over a year now. Any advice please

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Pretty sure they'll still be friends if they've been playing that long together. He will make more friends and preschool is the beat place for that. It'll b fine :) relax mama
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Don't worry about it. Your son will make friends with totally new kids. Even if the other 2 do leave him out, there will be a whole class of other kids to play with.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The teacher will make it possible for your son to mingle with other kids. If your child is being left out the teacher will inform you and work with it as well.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it at all... he'll likely play with all kinds of children and have new and old friends. The joys of preschoolers is they all love to play with everyone... so one day he might be best friends with "joey" the next day his new pal is "sally".
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It will happen, stop worrying.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Had this same thing happen to me and it worked out fine, there is so much new stuff going on that they will be fine. Plus its good for them to make new friends and I'm sure they will. My son is 8 and still friends with the same boy but they both have other friends too, it will all work out.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Your son will meet new friends in school, and I am sure he'll keep his old friends too.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2011