Are hooker boots and stiletto's inappropriate for an older mother?

I was in the mall the other day and this older lady...(40ish) was wearing a leopard print mini skirt, black spaghetti strap tank, and black hooker boots. I thought it was a little tacky...but to each her own. But this lady behind me in line at the cookie place went off on a tangent that once women hit a certain age they should dress better.

I am 34.. I don't dress in mini skirts and stuff...but I sure don't dress like a grandma yet...(Although I found the store to buy the stuff this weekend...so I can be prepared when I hit that age.)

So at what age do you think you should mini skirts, hooker boots, and other stuff like that is inappropriate?

Do you feel if you got it flaunt it?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Honestly, I feel in inappropriate.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Inappropriate for all ages
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If they're brave enough to wear it then who cares...It gives us something to giggle about, but not around them of course... I think you might have seen my Aunt or her daughter,LOL...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• YES I can not stress it enough! I also don't understand why MOMs feel the need to have bright pink hair or dress like homeless people. Just because you are a Mom doesn't mean you can't take care of yourself but at the same time you are setting an example for your kids, act like it!

As soon as you are out of your 20's the hooker dressing needs to go!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No no no
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• lol.. I don't think age matters, I am only 32 and probably dress old only because I am 45 lbs over weight..
    I'd sure hate to see my nana at 80 like that but then again, seeing my sister closer to my age is hard to see in that outfit also lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well maybe she was a HOOKER,, lol! I wear heels, no miniskirts,, but hey to each their own,, many time women dress this way to please thier husbands,, or they just haven't taken a good look in the mirror lately,, lol,, me thinks the lady behind you might have been jealous,, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think that kind of attire is inappropriate for all ages.. Girls & women look disgusting in that trash.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I say, once you have kids, the less skin that needs to be shown. Now, I'm not saying at 20, wear a dress to you ankles, but I don't think a mini skirt and cleavage up to your chin is appropriate either. I wouldnt want my daughter to dress like that, so why would I?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Kim - It is possible. On both the fact that she could have been a hooker and that the lady behind me was probably jealous. I figure as long as their "stuff" isn't hanging out...to include boobs, but, and blubber, then if I don't like it I just won't look.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2011