My child is peeing on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!

okay I know I am suppose to be excited about him being potty trained, but you guys didn't tell me that he would be whipping his penis out and using ANYWHERE! We were getting ready to go to my mom's house and I told him to get his sandals, but of course they were missing. I went into his room to get his tennis shoes and one shoe was soak and wet with pee! I called his name and showed him the shoe, by his facial expression he was busted I explained to him that he have to use the bathroom in the toilet. The other morning dd was on the floor crawling and he pulls his pants down grabbed his penis and started peeing(good thing his aim is not good). he tried to pee on his sister! Is this some kind of delayed reaction? I have noticed that it has been going on every since he has been potty trained. Do he think this is a sense of freedom? You guys should have told me these things! lol Please, pretty please help me!

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry but I have to say this: "At least he is not getting his pants wet". LOL
    My son is potty trained and the other day as I'm giving him a cup a water after he's finished he proceeded to pee in the cup. (Nice aim! BTW). Anyhow he now uses the regular toilet. Sometimes he will go to his potty which I still keep for when he needs to defecate with no problem at all. But when I find the bathroom floor soaked I know he 's just used his potty to urinate.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• LoL I think it is totally normal.. get a bunch of guy together on a trip up to the snow and what do they do.. they "write" in the snow. He is just figuring out he can aim and go, it's cool momma! Just remind him that peeing on things isn't nice and offer to let his manly skills come to light once in a while via a tree or something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i dont think he is ready yet. I agree with the first answer.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He might be doing it to get ur attention. What i would do is watch in the corner of your eye while he is playing but make sure he doesn't see you. When you see him start to take his pants off grab him and say firmly we don't pee here, now lets go in the bathroom, and take him there and have him pee in the toilet. If for some reason that doesn't work threaten to put a pull up on him like say if we pee any where else mommy will put u in the pull up.
    You could also do a reward system, i know he is potty trained and it might sound dumb but it might work, every time he pees in the toilet he gets a sticker or even 5 cents to put in a piggy bank. At the end of the week and he has so many stickers or money he can get a toy or get a candy bar. When he pees somewhere other than the toilet remove a sticker or nickle or quarter and he does't get a reward at the end of the week.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Not ready for potty training yet momma, but just so you know little boys do like to whip it out an pee, he is just too little to understand where when and why to do it,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• LOL....What a rascal!!
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I hear that some mammals can "spray" everything in site if they're not neutered. Maybe you should have him fixed? There's a local vet's office in town that advertizes spay & neutering for like half off the regular price.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Maybe time for cheerios or fruit loops (because they are different colorts) in the toilet. Tell him that they are the ONLY things he gets to pee on. Firmly!! or there will be consequences and you follow through and stay consistent. Like 2 minutes on the time out chair. ( I assume he is about two. Or 3 if he is three.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He is potty trained! That is the point, but lately he wants to pee on everything(just learned how to pee standing up). For the past week in the half he has been dry when waking up. He is not scared of using the restroom in public places anymore we haven't had any accidents in a long time. He just thinks that he can whip it out whenever he wants too and pee on anything.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He's 2
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2011