Fibro Flair...trying to entertain my baby

I am in the middle of a fibromyagia flair (in pain and veritgo). I am on the floor with my baby (19 months) trying to thing of ways to keep him entertained without me moving much.

Ideas Mommies?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Playhouse Disney! Woot!
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh, Mommy. I feel for you! I'm reasonably new to the fibromyalgia spectrum, but I know how bad it hurts, and worse because you just can't do what you used to! I sit in the recliner, sit my Ds on my feet facing my knees and "buck" him. I can use the rocker on the chair to help propel, and he enjoys it fine... even to the point of falling asleep there. If you have a set of crayons, or a pen and notepad, they like having their hands traced. You can practice colors, tell extensive "this little piggy" stories on the toes... pat on the floor in patterns...

Sorry you're having a moment! Hugs! Hope you feel better soon.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Lovely ideas matobe tyvm. TV is good too, it just doesn't last long.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• All of the above are good. Reading might be an option. At that age, just looking at pictures and asking him "What's that?" would work for a time, also asking him the same. If his attention span allows, reading simple stories is great. This would help build a love of reading, which is always valuable.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh do I feel your pain. This was my weekend for fibro and my 19 m/o toddler was nonstop movement. Reading to her helped. We also did something unusual and watched tv.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011