Vista Anitvirus 2012 alert----This keeps poppinig up on my computer. Did a little research and it's a virus. What's the best way to get rid of this?

Ever seen or heard of anything like this before?

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 11:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Technology

• Take it to a computer repair place. Viruses will get deep into your system and everytime you open a program & power up or down it spreads.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I get it every couple of months lately it seems- VERY annoying.

do a reset back to a day it was working fine...that usually takes care of it *for awhile anyway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• *or wipe it out and start all over
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes its a virus and a scam.. It is very smart.. I restored my computer to an earlier date and then added windows essential security to scan and remove the rest.. It will take over your computer quick. If you wait to long it will take over your Internet, files, favorites etc... It gets in under internet explorer, disables your security system and then uses your windows to pop up warnings...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I forgot to add, it will attach it's self to what you visit most on the Internet.. If you use you favorites button, check to make sure it doesn't say vista anti spy.... before you click on it.. If it does just delete it from your favorites and then re-add them... They want your money.. If you click on it after it pops up it will take you to what looks like a windows web page to purchase the download to clean your computer but its not...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Trend micro has a free housecall option that will scan your computor and remove any viruses it recognizes. It's one of the best pay-for-it antivirus software I've found.

Avast is what I'm using now though, it's free.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Rose.. i had Trend micro.. It snuck past it and disabled it LOL.. This thing is smart, once it sneaks in it will make you think it is real because the pop ups are from Microsoft(it's not) but the only thing it will let you do is go to the fake page and purchase a bogus spyware.. Once you download that it takes over everything.. This group is smart, they have developed one for all windows operation systems...vista, 7 ,xp.. Google win pro scam, vista anti virus scam etc.. it will show you just what "it" makes your computer do..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011