Do any of you women drink one glass of wine WHILE PREGNANT? white or red wine matter? I havent but just wondering

Im asking if you think its okay to drink a glass of wine WHILE pregnant. I heard it is.

shar-hulk

Asked by shar-hulk at 11:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i had drank like not even 4oz of sangria in my 3rdtriemester. i was oked twice by my doctor for champagne but never did. its a personal choice and i thiink every now and then its ok but like is said my sangria was at the tail end and i enjoyed it and i gave myself permission. everyone has different thoughts about this and its very controversial but i think as long as you are ok with it and i don;t know about everyday but maybe once or twice depends i think its fine. to each their own.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• ONE?!

It is like potato chips.... ya cant have just one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yes,I usually have a glass of red wine in the evening. It is supposed to be healthy. And it tastes so much beyter than hard liquor or beer.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I used to (not when pregnant). Now I drink beer, since we brew it ourselves and it is both tasty & cheap.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I wonder if this is a pregnant question also. When I was pregnant I would have an occasional half glass of wine. I might have had a total of three in each pregnancy.
    However, it has been a long, long time since I have been pregnant and usually have a bottle or two of red wine a week.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 12:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had one or 2 sips while in my 3rd trimester,, didn't want it really, every doctor has different outlooks on this, I know women in Europe have a glass of wine now and then while pregnant,, Gweneth Paltrow drank a beer or 2 a week, ask your doctor.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have heard that red wine is strengthening. It has iron and, of course, vitamin C.

The French mystify scientists & doctors. With all the fat they eat in their rich food they should have heart troubles and be very fat,---BUT, on the whole, the average Frenchman isn't any less healthy or fat than anyone else. If anything, they're less fat and more healthy ! I think that the reason for this is MODERATION,--- plus the French savor their food, taking a while to eat it. They enjoy greatly dining.

Vive la France !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 12:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Is this a pregnant question?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2011

• @Dahis yes its a prego question... I heard its good to have a glass of red wine.@minnesitanice what about white wine?
    shar-hulk

Comment by shar-hulk (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I never did while pregnant and would not if I were pregnant now.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011