Is anyone here a dental assistant?

I'm in classes now, soon to be doing my internship/externship. I'm wondering, if you would share, how much can I expect to earn in income?

willngingersmom

Asked by willngingersmom at 12:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not me! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would check out www.salary.com. The pay would be dependent upon the area. A general estimate would be anywhere between $9-15 an hour.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well if u live in Illinois u can't make below $8.25,that is minimum. It really depends who u work for plus what kind of grades u got in school!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was a dental assistant for quite a few years. For me the pay varied, as each dentist I worked for had their own pay scale. Bigger cities and bigger dental offices/dental clinics usually pay more than smaller cities and smaller office/clinics. Some dentists will also offer a higher salary to assistants who have their CDA (certification) or if they have a lot of experience in the field. Since you are in school now, they would probably base salary on your grades and what your teachers have to say about you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011