Has you DH/SO ever ...........

given you a love letter/note? Mine did waaaaaaaaaaay long ago, just a note on a scrap paper left on my windshield. It came at a time when I needed to know he loved me. That was 11 years ago and it is still in my wallet!

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 12:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• When we were 17, my husband went on a trip to Italy and Greece with his advanced Latin class. I dropped him off, came home, got the mail, and there was an "I love you" card in my mailbox. For the 10 days he was gone, I got an "I love you" or "I miss you" card every from him every single day. He had 10 of them all written out and numbered, and asked his stepmom to mail one every day, so I would get a note from him every day that he was gone. When he got back, he had a suitcase full of souvenirs, including three dead roses. He said he was walking down the street in Rome one day and missing me and bought them from a lady selling them on the street. He just said "sorry they're dead." I also still get random notes from him written on pizza boxes or post it notes in my car. I love it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Not his kind of thing. How sweet of your SO.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He used to right me poems..ahh.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Mine wrote me poetry before we got married.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yes, about once a year I'll get a hand written letter from him :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We have had a notebook since about a month after we started dating that we write love notes in to each other. It has been about a year since we have written in it though. Need to get it out!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Mind did when he was gone for 5 months, I was pregnant and he missed most of the pregnancy, my birthday, and our anniversary. It was nice to open my birthday gift and find a love letter in it, we live far away from family and at that point I didn't know that many ppl here so I spent my b-day 4 months pregnant and alone. I also got one for our anniversary...It made me feel good to see how he felt in words.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Not a love letter, but when he gives me cards, he writes a long note in it about how much he loves me and how grateful he is for me & how I'm a good mother.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes! We do that all the time even now. We might hide a sweet card somewhere for each other or send naughty texts to each other on our cell phones too. Keeps the sparks flying! He and I are hopeless romantics and affectionate so maybe that's why we enjoy surprising each other with sweet-nothings. We are Soul Mates after all. I love him so very much!  

Have a great day!  

SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 12:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes, first random I love you notes. Then when he went to bootcamp and ait I got a letter everyday. When he was deploying to Iraq he left notes all throughout the house in random places to keepme busy for the year he was gone (turned out to be 15 months). I still get them occasionally since he's been home 2 years now
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011