• In the Spotlight:

Is there ANY even one mom who believe in guess what they call "the prosperity doctrine"?

Prosperity Doctrine-Walk by Faith, Speaking life over death, Resist sickness in any form, believe in THE BLESSING , believe we are redeemed from the CURSE, Galatians 3:13, No poverty or lack, blessing in surplus. Ect.ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• HAHAHAHA.... I think I saw that... Isn't that "The Secret" lol!
    Anonymous

• I always understood the Prosperity Gospel to be the belief that God intends for us to have abundance, and that abundance is defined by financial and material gain. That the "better Christian" we are, the more prosperous we will be. And if we aren't financially prosperous, we aren't being a good enough Christian.

No, I don't believe in the Prosperity Gospel. It is a dangerous teaching, and borders on heresy (idolatry). There is absolutely no Scriptural basis for this teaching.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 9:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes, I do. And "properity" comes in many, many ways, not just "money". And the love of what money can do for you is not necessarily evil. We all know we need money in this society to survive, to gain knowledge, to evolve, and to even enjoy ourselves at all.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Scary stuff. But this world is full of abundance if we only took care of each other the way we should.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Nah I don't find prosperity docterine to be biblical.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I do believe God wants us blessed. I do believe God wants us to prosper. I do believe God wants us well. If we are sick and poor then how can we minister or be about God's work. God does not call us to poorness. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly in this life and the life to come (and that is in the bible). I used to be of the mentality that if we were sick and lacked it was God's will... that is not biblical. We are promised the blessings of Abraham. There was a question like this one already posted regarding this and i did post scriptures in context.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Cont. Here are some versus. 2 Corinthians 8:9, Psalm 35:27, Deuteronomy 8:18, Isaiah 48:17, 3 John 1:2, Matthew 7:11, Ps. 23: 1, Mark 10:29-30 (I like this one because it says we receive not only when we go to heaven, but also now), Eph. 4:28, Philippians 4:19, Luke 6:38, Ecc. 5:19, Prov. 15:16... this is just a few. There are many versus regarding God's blessing, and prosperity, for His Children.. not just in the life to come but now.

Also, if we only have enough to barely get by etc. How can we do what the bible calls us to do and that is to meet the needs of others to feed the poor, to clothe those who need it, and to spread the Gospel. To get the word out to the people who have not heard it costs money. To send missionaries to other nations... the last time I checked airline tickets are not free. Also, regarding pastors and those who preach the word. The bibe says they are to be paid double honor.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I don't because God is not a bank. Remember Jesus said we are to build our treasure in heaven
    and not on Earth. If our motives in doing good are selfish, they will be burned up. If we do them for
    pure motives then theyll be saved.
    raptureready

Answer by raptureready at 9:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i dont beleive in it. I have no intention of building my treasure on earth i plan on receiving it in heaven. Read the many books in the new testament that paul wrote and you will see being a christian isnt about riches health and feeling good its about gods will
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Galations 3:13 says / Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

The Blessing of the verse refers to the fact that Christ died for our sins... to take away that curse of death when we independently and willingly give our lives to him, are baptized... meaning the old you is buried in Christ & the new you is washed clean... a new person.

Blessing come from GOD when we willingly obey his law and commandments... we give freely if we have it to give, we care for others more than we do ourselves, We IMITATE the character of CHRIST.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 10:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008